You may set up email alerts for the following occurrences:.
– HD Status Report
– Fan errors
– Disk errors
– Backup Complete
Enter the IP address and port number of your SMTP mail server. If no port number is entered, the default port 25 will be used.
Many types of SMTP mail servers and authentication may be used with the LinkStation. Consult your IT department or ISP for any necessary login information to use your SMTP server.
Specify a subject line for the email notifications, such as “LinkStation Status Report”.
Recipient Mail Address
Notification emails can be sent to up to 5 email addresses.
Update: 12 Nov 2015
For those having failed sending test email message, please check that you’re entering the correct password. Secondly, during my investigation I found this log in the NAS:
Nov 12 22:39:49 NAS sSMTP: Unable to set portno="465"
Nov 12 22:39:49 NAS sSMTP: Unable to set AuthType="SSL"
Nov 12 22:39:49 NAS sSMTP: Creating SSL connection to host
Nov 12 22:39:49 NAS sSMTP: SSL connection using AES128-SHA
Nov 12 22:39:50 NAS sSMTP: Authorization failed (534 5.7.14 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 fp2sm15179963pbb.34 - gsmtp)
Follow this link and set “Access for less secure apps” to “Turn on”
Incoming search terms:
- buffalo linkstation email notification
- buffalo terastation email alerts
- buffalo terastation the following process did not complete: sending test email notification
- buffalo email setup
- buffalo outlook email
- buffalo nas linkstation email notification gmail
- buffalo setup security alert
- buffalo setup can not be complete
- buffalo nas send mail notification
- buffalo nas email notification smtp server
- buffalo mail notification
- buffalo ls-ql doesnt send some emails
- buffalo ls email setup
- buffalo linkstation google less secure apps
- terastation send Drive error status 13 by email