1. You need to do hardware swap (POC unit to actual unit)
2. You don’t have Panorama, and you need to do hardware swap due to RMA
1. Ensure components are in the same version
2. Export and Import config
3. Commit configuration
Ensure components are in the same version
1. Make sure all components (PAN-OS, PAN-DB, Threat Prevention, Wildfire, GlobalProtect) are in the same version, license too.
1. To do PAN-OS software update, navigate to Device→Software
2. To do components update, navigate to Device→Dynamic Updates
3. To do PAN-DB update, navigate to Device→Licenses→PAN-DB Url Filtering
Export and Import config
1. From the old unit, navigate to Device→Setup→Operations
2. Click “Save named configuration snapshot” and give it a name. Example: ABC123.xml
3. Click “Export named configuration snapshot” and select ABC123.xml.
4. From the new unit, navigate to Device→Setup→Operations
5. Click “Import named configuration snapshot” and select ABC123.xml (config file from old unit)
6. Once imported, click “Load named configuration snapshot” and select ABC123.xml
1. When you click commit, the firewall will start applying the configuration, meaning there’s a possibility that the ip will be duplicated in the network.
2. Normally I only connect Management port in the new unit, and leave other interfaces unplugged.
3. Click commit, and immediately unplug Management interface in the old unit. You will no longer have access to the old unit. New unit will be taking over the Management ip.
Incoming search terms:
- export palo alto config
- migration configuraitons from one Palo alto firewall to another
- move palo alto config to antoher unit
- palo alto but migration of configuration was skipped some features may not work as expected and/or parts of configuration may have been lost
- palo alto migrate to new device
- cisco port 111 palo alto migration
- how to update baseline configuration in palo alto with xml file
- palo alto application migration port 111
- palo alto configyuration export
- palo alto copy config from old to new firewall different hardware
- palo alto import configuration
- palo alto migrate configuration to new firewall
- palo alto migration hardware
- Palo Alto Networks hardware swap
- swap palo alto firewalls