When I received my Pioneer AVH-X5650BT 2DIN player, I was struggling to play any video files from any media. In the product manual it provide very brief information on the supported video format. I am very frustrated when I always get “unplayable file” error message. I’m surprised that actually there’re few limitations and requirements for the player to recognized the video files.
Rule of Thumb
- Maximum height cannot exceed 404pixels or else you will get “resolution not supported”.
- Some user reported maximum resolution is 720×576. I haven’t tried this.
- Maximum total bitrate must not exceed 1000kbps.
- Avoid underscore in filename.
Converting your video files
Download DivX video converter and install it.
Load your video files that need to be converted, and select “HD 720p” profile.
Modify resolution, click maintain aspect ratio and adjust the height to 404.
Keep an eye to the Total bitrate, make sure it does not exceed 1000kbps. You can tune the value by adjusting the video bitrate.
Save Presets so that you can load the profile in the future.
Feel free to share your setting or anything that can improve this post.
Incoming search terms:
- https://advanxer com/blog/2014/01/playing-videos-in-your-pioneer-2014-head-unit/
- pioneer car dvd player supported video formats
- divx converter for pioneer
- pioneer car dvd player usb video format
- pioneer video converter
- pioneer unplayable file usb
- how to play video on pioneer avh from usb
- divx converter for pioneer dvd
- pioneer video format converter
- pioneer usb video format
- pioneer car dvd player video format
- pioneer video resolution not supported
- pioneer avh video format
- Pioneer video format
- pioneer dvd player supported video formats